Bay Scallops with Summer Veggies
This is one of the BEST meals I have made in a long time and it took all of 25 minutes from start to finish. When I started out I really did not have a plan in mind just some garden veggies that needed to be used up and some bay scallops that I thawed from the freezer. This would serve 2.
- Prep Time : 10 minutes
- Cook Time : 15 minutes
- Bay Scallops - 1 small package (about 2 cups)
- Yellow Squash Sliced Think - 2 small
- Zucchini Sliced Think - 1
- Sliced or Diced Onion - 1/2 cup
- Diced Garlic - 2 cloves
- Tomato Diced - 1
- Olive Oil and Butter for the Pan
- Parmesan Cheese to Garnish
- Micro Greens - 2 cups
- Salt Pepper and Garlic to Taste
- Lemon juice - 1 (not in picture) juice only
- Splash of White Wine - (not in picture)
- Diced Artichoke Hearts - 1/2 cup (not in picture)
- I sautéed the squash and zucchini in a hot pan with olive oil, onion, and salt, pepper, and garlic till just warmed through. Then I removed them from the pan.
- To the same pan I added about 2 TBS of butter, scallops, and a bit more seasonings. The Scallops cooked in about 4 mins.
- I had some left over brown rice so I put the scallops over a think layer of brown rice.
- Then in the pan I added the lemon juice, 2 TBS butter, and a splash of white wine and 1/2 cup of diced artichoke hearts. And cooked till it began to bubble
- Then I added the squash, and sauce over the scallops and rice and topped with the micro greens, tomatoes, and cheese.
This post is linked up at: Create With Joy, C.R.A.F.T., Serendipity and Spice