Creamy Chicken with some Spice
I LOVE this dish. Amber actually tried this recipe once and they did not even eat it. So while we were together for a recent visit we made it together and she enjoyed it. We think maybe I did not give her the whole recipe.
- Prep Time : 15 minutes
- Cook Time : 40 minutes
- Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts - 4 pieces (cut Into Bite Sized Pieces)
- Garlic - 5 cloves, minced
- Salt - 2 teaspoon
- Black Pepper - 1 teaspoon
- Paprika Pepper - 1 teaspoon
- Ground Coriander - 1 teaspoon
- Cumin - 1 teaspoon
- Nutmeg - 1/2 teaspoons
- Lemon Juice - 1/2 whole
- Onion - 1 whole, Diced
- Butter - 3/4 cups
- Tomato Sauce - 1 can ( I usually use Homemade Spaghetti Sauce since I have lots on hand)
- Petite Diced Tomatoes - 1 can
- Whipping Cream - 1 pint
- Chopped Cilantro, to Taste - 1 bunch
- Combine first 9 ingredients and marinate in a plastic overnight or I usually do it from morning till dinner.
- Saute the onion in the butter until soft.
- Add chicken and cook about 10 minutes. Then add the tomato sauce and diced tomatoes. Cook for 30 minutes over medium-low heat with the lid on.
- Add the whipping cream and cilantro just before serving just warm after adding.
- Serve over Couscous (as pictured) or over rice which I prefer.
We would love for you to follow us on Facebook!
Special thanks to our fellow bloggers who linked this recipe: Mrs Hines Class, Momnivores Dilemma, Mom on Timeout, The Vintage Farmhouse, Tatertots and Jello