For our Freezer cooking night we added Chicken Poppy seed casserole to our list. This favorite can be made Gluten free when using potato chips instead of crackers and a gluten free soup.
- Prep Time : 15 minutes
- Cook Time : 30 minutes
- Chicken - 2 cups, cooked and diced or shredded
- Ritz Crackers - 1 shelve , crushed (or plain potato chips)
- Poppy Seeds - 1 tablespoon
- Cream of Chicken Soup or Cream of Celery - 1 (10.75 oz) can
- Sour Cream - 8 oz
- Worcestershire Sauce - 1 teaspoon
- Salt, Pepper, Garlic to taste - (about 2 teaspoons of house seasoning)
- Butter - 1/4 cup, diced
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix together chicken, soup and sour cream in a large bowl. Add in Worcestershire sauce, poppy seeds, garlic, salt and pepper.
- Spray a 9x13" baking pan (or 2 smaller pans) with non-stick cooking spray. Spread chicken mixture on the bottom and top. Then place your diced butter on top and cover with foil to freezer. In a freezer bag crush and label your crackers or chips. When you pull the casserole out of the freezer place the crackers or chips on top (the butter will melt into the crackers)
- Cover pan with foil and bake for 15 minutes. Remove foil and bake for 15 more minutes. Serve over rice.