Slow Cooker Spaghetti Sauce
The amounts for seasoning are rough estimates because I tasted it throughout the day and added more as I thought it needed something.
This was enough to make two baked spaghetti dishes! I will be making the sauce again really soon to freeze for nights when we are needing a quick meal. This is a picture of a double batch I made. Sorry it looks blurry, it was steams coming off of it!
- Prep Time : 15 minutes
- Cook Time : 8h 00 min
- Onion - 1
- Green Pepper - 1 (used some I had cut up and froze last summer)
- Carrot - 1
- Diced Tomatoes - 2 cans
- Tomato Sauce - 1 can (28 ounce)
- Sugar - 1 TBS
- Italian Seasoning - 2 - 3 TBS
- Frozen Basil Cube - 1 (1 tsp basil)
- Parsley - 1 tsp
- Pepper - 1/2 - 1 tsp
- House Seasoning - 1 tsp
- Garlic Powder - 1/2 tsp
- Garlic - 4 cloves (diced)
- Pinch of Bay Leaves
- Put the tomato sauce, diced tomatoes in the crockpot.
- Dice onion, garlic, carrot and green pepper. Add to crockpot.
- Add basil, italian seasoning, pepper, house seasoning, bay leaves, garlic powder and parsley.
- Cook on low for 8 hours. Stir occasionally. You can add less of the seasonings to start and add more as you see fit. I will say after the 8 hours I thought it still had a really fresh taste to it but after it was refrigerated all night it was so good the next day.
- I did brown two pounds of ground beef which I also seasoned with House Seasoning. I added this to the spaghetti sauce and just put it on warm the next day until I was ready to use it.