Beef Quesadilla… who needs to go out for good mexican?
We get part of a beef from my father every year so I am often looking for beef recipes and since my Husband does not like roast I have to sneak the roast meat into other dishes. So this is what we used it for one evening.
- Prep Time : 10 minutes
- Cook Time : 15 minutes
- Roast - 1 cooked THIS way with Salsa
- Tortillas of your Choice
- Cheese of your Choice - shredded
- Sour Cream
- Jalapenos - (jarred)
- Limed Soaked Onions
- Refried Beans
- I cook LOTS of refried beans and freeze in plastic bags (2 cups per bag) and I often freeze part of this Mexican Roast to have for nachos or quesadillas so this can be a very fast meal to throw together if the cooking is already done.
- Once the onions are ready and the roast is ready warm your tortilla if you are using uncooked tortillas like me.
- Then on the tortilla place a layer of cheese, beans, and roast. Then Top with another tortilla and warm in a pan iron a griddle until the cheese is nice and melted.
- Once both sides are nice and toasty I cut the quesadilla in froths with a pizza cutter. Then I top with a dollop of sour cream, a slice of jalapeno and some Limed Soaked Onions.